The locomotive and car shops of the Wheeling & Lake Erie Railway Company (W&LE) are housed in single a 140,000+ square foot building which contains a ninety ton drop table, thirty-five ton crane, wheel truing machine, load test facility, six locomotive bays, and capacity for up to twenty cars.
The locomotive & car shops of the W&LE offer the following services:
- Main generator/auxiliary generator replacement
- Truck work and traction motor/wheel replacement
- Wheel truing to AAR specifications
- Air compressor replacement
- EMD engine repair
- Electrical troubleshooting
- General repair (heavy & light)
- Wheel replacement
- Car body end and side straightening
- Air testing
- Wreck repairs
- AAR inspections
- Preparation of AAR billing
For inquires related to our locomotive and car shops please contact Rick Davies at .