Wheeling & Lake Erie is seeking dedicated individuals to work as Locomotive Technicians at our locomotive shop facility which is located at Brewster, Ohio.
Specific functions of a locomotive technician include, but are not limited to, maintenance, repair, inspection, test, overhaul, reconditioning, restructuring, machining, rebuilding, either in the shop, or in the field, of the locomotives, their components and systems; the performance of all federal inspections, and all repairs resulting from such inspections, all service work in the Brewster repair and service area including but not limited to sanding, fueling, light repair, and supplying of locomotives; service work beyond the Brewster repair area, including light repair and supplying locomotives where light repair is undertaken. All hostler work, for example, the running and switching of locomotives in the Brewster repair or service areas; and all work generally recognized as electrical work, mechanical and/or machine work, sheet metal work, and boilermaker and blacksmith work associated with locomotive repair and servicing.
The starting rate of pay is $19.81 hr. This position requires successful completion of our apprentice training program. Once one-half of the required apprentice training is completed, the rate of pay increases to $20.54 hr. Upon completion of the training program, the rate of pay increases to $22.82 hr.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 18 years of age or older
- Valid driver’s license
- Heavy mechanical repair experience
- Verbal comprehension, communication, reasoning, and problem solving skills
- Heavy work, lifting up to 85 pounds regularly and up to 100 pounds occasionally
- Stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, balance, climb, twist, work overhead, reach, walking on uneven surfaces, standing on hard surfaces for long periods
- Work safely at all times in compliance with all safety and operating rules
- Irregular work hours which may include overtime (employees must be able to work any shift, any day of the week)
- Employees work in the shop and outdoors in all weather conditions
- Employees work in confined spaces and at or above elevated heights
W&LE is a drug-free workplace and maintains a zero tolerance policy. Employees are subject to pre-employment and frequent drug and alcohol testing.
Wheeling & Lake Erie Railway Company provides some of the best benefits around. Our comprehensive benefit package including excellent medical, dental, vision, dental, life insurance, short-term disability, railroad retirement, 401(k) plan, profit sharing, paid holidays, paid vacation, paid personal leave, and college scholarships for dependents.
If you are interested in this position, email your resume to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!